Why Mutts are Awesome
The percentage of dogs euthanized in asylums is medium to large mixed breed dogs. We think it’s an absurd figure, since we all know that “mutt” as we like to say, is amazing!
Here are the reasons why mixed breed dogs rule.
1. They are unique – the number one question people ask is “what kind of dog is that?” This is typically followed by lots of cuddling, admiring, and conjecture. And even if the question may go unrequited, the one of its kind breed of dog gets the attention.
2. They are more flexible – they are not the typical breed with an explicit skill set in mind, such as hunting or herding .They’re the jacks of all trades!
3. They can still compete – . Unique temperaments may give them an edge, too. One top dog, named Brutus, is a Boston terrier mix who likes to stay close to his dog mom’s heels, making him an idyllic agility dog.
4. They make great service dogs – Being trained as a therapy or service dog is no longer narrowly to just purebreds. Mixed breeds are likewise as awesome and skilled in this regard.
5. Housetraining is provided – Most of the mixed breeds found in shelters belong to somebody else, due to allergies or for some other reasons they are left in the shelter for some housetrained. A fixed plus towards their awesomeness!
6. You can skip the puppy stage – With a mutt from the shelter, you have the choice of adopting a baby or young dog over an old one. In these cases, the dog’s size will already be pretty set, too, so there will be no surprises in that regard.
7. They have fewer health issues – Many people who think mixed breed dogs are healthier than purebreds. When in fact this isn’t proven, and every dog is a distinct with his own needs and strengths, it is a fact that there are purebreds which are more prone to specific illnesses. Mixed breed dogs are believed to be less likely to develop hereditary infections, due to gene variation.
8. They have cheaper start-up costs – There are some shelters only require a $50 to $200 donation in order for you to adopt a dog. Plus, a mixed breed from the shelter is probably spayed or neutered and complete with the vaccinations, which will save you even more money
9. You’re saving a life – A mixed breed dog living at a shelter has the highest chance to euthanasia. Adopting one means you are saving a life, a fact your new dog will not soon forget.
10. Their awesomeness is contagious – A mixed breed dog is an explorer. With a mixed breed, a puppy particularly, you can value the spontaneity and grow with your new pet. You’ll be even more amazed for it!
tags:Why Mutts are Awesome
keywords:Why Mutts are Awesome