More than 50% of the population allows their dog to stay indoors and sleep on the sofa or in the bed of the owner. For those of you who are interested in building a dog house for your beloved pet, here are some simple rules to follow when considering the type of shelter you want to provide.
1. You must begin the process
of building your dog’s house by making sure the house is large enough to accommodate the adult size of your potential animal. Humans enjoy having about 2 feet of air above us in a room to live without feeling tight.
Your dog may also enjoy having that much space. The comfort zone for humans and dogs is about 1/3 of their standing height. To find out how much space the dog needs to get out of the measuring tape and measure your dog.
Measure him standing upright, sitting on the thighs and especially measuring the full dimensions of the dog when he is the most comfortable, relaxing and stretching out the position he can enter. Your dog must be able to see the front door while standing and sitting. So dogs do not need to significantly love their front shoulders or scrape their stomach to ensure that the entrance is high enough. Stand on the dog and measure the width of the widest point of the animal’s shoulder.
2. Remember to increase the size
of the dog house a few inches from the ground to allow air and water to flow beneath it. To prevent pests from invading doghouses and considering the health of your dog, remember how important ventilation is. Insert some nickel-sized holes on the wall under the roof. Install wind blocks inside the house so the dog can use his own body heat to warm the area if it is really cold or windy outside. Consider adding a partial wall that allows your dog to get out of bad weather. Animals You can choose to only sleep in the entrance space or go around the maze walls of the inner arch to the inner sanctum. Your favorite pet will probably like to have a pillow or some kind of bed for sleeping.
3. To avoid the rain that enters the dog house, make the floor tilted slightly toward the door and build the roof also slightly tilted. Make sure the house is properly insulated, but you don’t have to paint the inside.
4. In the United States most storms come from the south and west so make sure the dog house is facing in a different direction. Most plans for a dog house indicate that the door to the house faces east. Cold air will not be able to enter through the entrance later.
5. It is recommended that you place hinges on the roof of the house. This makes it easy for you to clean your dog’s house. You must clean the dog house as often as you bathe your dog.
If your dog lives outside then it is worth having a comfortable place to sleep and get out of the harsh weather. Hopefully these easy tips on building a dog house will help you get started.