From Health to hobbies, owning a dog will make you a better man
A dog can virtually save your life, as a friend you can depend on, when everyone else seemed to have given up on you.
We overheard people telling stories that aren’t as dramatic or well publicized; but it’s proven that owning a dog can make your life better. Take these nine reasons as proof.
1. Exercise – A study from the University of Victoria shows that people who have a dog walk an average of 300 minutes per week, compared to non-dog owners which are only 168.
2. Health Awareness – A study from German researchers showed that some dogs are actually able to identify early stage lung cancer which is far better than any doctor or medical equipment.
3. Stress Reduction – A University of Missouri-Columbia found that petting a dog for 15 minutes releases feel-good hormone prolactin, oxytocin and serotonin which lower the stress hormone cortisol.
4. Prolonging of Life – The Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) shows owning a dog can effectively reduce blood pressure as likely as reduction of alcohol intake and par to low-salt diets.
5. Responsible Lifestyle – Dogs are known to be creatures of habit, they totally depend on their master. Their appreciation is ubiquitous and obvious; you don’t mind focusing to their needs. That means more time at home, which explains into less wear and tear on both your body and wallet.
6. Conflict Resolution – Dogs get a distress around aggressive voices or body language. They’re so delicate that their stress is evident when people argue. Your dog barking at you or whimpering with its tail between its legs to shut up can be a wakeup call reminding you that you’re out of line.
7. Happiness Ever After – A study by the State University of New York at Buffalo shows that people with dogs have closer and more pleasing relationships. Pets create the chance to do things together. They spread fun in the home in that they are a strong interest that most people in a relationship can enjoy.
8. Social Life – People of all walks of life share one common interest that brings them together for joyful playtime. Dog parks are unique social strata, which helps you build professional connections, friendships and possibly even romance.
9. Attracting opposite Sex – In a survey conducted 2,000 people, 70 percent of single women felt relaxed starting conversations with men about their dogs. While, 40 percent of women said that their dogs recognized their feelings and emotions better than their partners.
Tags: From Health to hobbies, owning a dog will make you a better man